2DIFFET amplifier

280241d1336004289-symifet-100-symmetrical-mosfet-amp-frequency.png
280242d1336004289-symifet-100-symmetrical-mosfet-amp-square20k.png
280243d1336004289-symifet-100-symmetrical-mosfet-amp-fourier.png

280240d1336004289-symifet-100-symmetrical-mosfet-amp-schematic.png

Its about time we gave this one a thread;)

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong here, Harrison, I'm not saying shunt compensation is evil and wrong. I agree that both methods of compensation, shunt and miller, among others being discussed elsewhere are valid methods of compensation. I just think that shunt is more of a 'brute force' method and miller is more elegant a solution.

Hi student sound,

That is one very compact design ;). Some tracks need a bit of widening to carry the supply and output current ;). Thank you for joining the quest.:up: Kindly give me more time during weekend to have a look at it just took a peek.

Hi Holgi,

Looking good. Could it be that you have followed SYMEF PCB Type1development :D. For 2DIFFET thermal runway should not be a problem. So only mosfets need to be on main heatsink. However if thermal/bias tracking is needed then the bias stage will have to be redesigned. Thank you for joining the quest.:up: Kindly give me more time during weekend to have a look at it just took a peek.

kind regards,

Harrison.

@Holgi , nice PCB have you layout :) My not finished layout .......

Alex

Same compliments to you, Alex - very good layout, but different power supply strategy. I prefer reasonable onboard caps accompanied by litte 100n's directly at the collectors.

BTW: On first sight I thought you managed to create single layer layout without any wire-bridges, but then I saw and counted the 0R's :D

BR,
Holgi

PCB rev 1.0

.......and PCB ready to be inspected by Q.C. .:) Comments are welcome ... ;) :2c:.....
Regards ,Alex

Attachments

• PCB DUALFET ON AUDIO COLOR.jpg
    PCB DUALFET ON AUDIO COLOR.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 636
  • PCB DUALFET ON AUDIO COLOR S MASK.jpg
    PCB DUALFET ON AUDIO COLOR S MASK.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 565
  • PCB DUALFET ON AUDIO COLOR SILK.jpg
    PCB DUALFET ON AUDIO COLOR SILK.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 522
  • PCB DUALFET ON AUDIO COLOR PIC TOP.jpg