Namec 1000 watt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just looked at this for the first time. You're using TIP41 and TIP42 as drivers. The transistors are rated for 40 Volts and you're running 130 Volts. How do you expect this story to end? Even the 'C' suffix is only rated for 100 and we still have that pesky 130 Volt supply. Back to the drawing board.

Disabled Account
Joined 2013
From the name (namec) and 1000W, seems that the owner like it so much.

Too bad :mad: ... if denying the fundamental of science just because of feeling and passion, which might only lead to disaster ... :(

The designer of *n* should have add some notes within his *great design* such:
"I am irresponsible for the risks of implementing this schematic, because this schematic just designed for non commercial purposes (and too bad, this just designed only with passion and out of science)." :drink:

It is sad how rapidly cleverness overcomes rationaal. The amp is bridged and provided that the number of devices was selected for SOA and the power supply is capable then this configuration will provide 62Vrms into 4 ohm.

I do not know of anyone who listens to continuous single tone sine waves into pure resistors so 1000 watt rms is a figment of the imagination in any case.

One rather must assume that it is music they listen too driving speakers and the peak power delivered by the amplifier would most definitely reach 1000 watt into a nominal 8 ohms. Tom's maths shows it all, but neglected that it is necessary is to double the voltage swing in bridge mode.

Last edited:
I just looked at this for the first time. You're using TIP41 and TIP42 as drivers. The transistors are rated for 40 Volts and you're running 130 Volts. How do you expect this story to end? Even the 'C' suffix is only rated for 100 and we still have that pesky 130 Volt supply. Back to the drawing board.

Kindly explain to me how under operational condition there would be 130V across these transistors, unless perhaps its compliment as well as the two series 220 ohm resistors are short circuit while itself does not conduct at all which is only valid for a catastrophic failure.

Last edited:
Too bad :mad: ... if denying the fundamental of science just because of feeling and passion, which might only lead to disaster ... :(

The designer of *n* should have add some notes within his *great design* such:
"I am irresponsible for the risks of implementing this schematic, because this schematic just designed for non commercial purposes (and too bad, this just designed only with passion and out of science)." :drink:

It is not designed, but modified. Modification procedure is most dominated by trial and listen:scratch1:. As long the trial procedure is safe and it sound feels like 1000W, the lack of equipment and low science skill is no problem, if he change the name to namec 100W, the self feeling of the owner will be different.
Decent sound quality and simple to built than leach variant or blameless.

Many amp. kits from Indonesia claimed more power than it's should be. They can not distinguish about RMS power and PMPO power or they did not care. I doubt they even measure their designs. It is shame :sad:.

Abang, you are not alone, many years ago someone published a book in Manila about an amp claimed to be 1000 watts using a single 45 volt rail and using several 2n3055 trannies......

it did not last long as many amps sold came back to the seller dead...what a shame....

if you really want to know how much power an amp of your making can dish out, get an 8ohm/ 500watt power resistor as dummy load, a signal generator, and an oscilloscope to test your amp.

increase the input until the onset of clipping observed on the scope and back off a bit until a clean sine wave is obtained, then read your output voltage...

into an 8 ohm load you can compute for the power....

would be interesting to see if your amp can survive this simple test...;)

if they insist, they can get the "F" suffix types....

Kindly explain to me how under operational condition there would be 130V across these transistors, unless perhaps its compliment as well as the two series 220 ohm resistors are short circuit while itself does not conduct at all which is only valid for a catastrophic failure.

When it sits idling there will only be the rail Voltage on any transistor but if you drive it to clipping, the positive transistors will have the full 130 on the negative signal peaks and the negative transistors will have the full 130 Volts on the positive peaks. If you don't understand that you're not ready to be experimenting with high power amps. Put a scope on it and see for yourself.

If you're not going to drive to the rails now and again, what's the point of the high Voltage?

When it sits idling there will only be the rail Voltage on any transistor but if you drive it to clipping, the positive transistors will have the full 130 on the negative signal peaks and the negative transistors will have the full 130 Volts on the positive peaks. If you don't understand that you're not ready to be experimenting with high power amps. Put a scope on it and see for yourself.

If you're not going to drive to the rails now and again, what's the point of the high Voltage?

And what will be the voltage across the 220 ohm resistor. more or less than Vce SAT?

Many educated Indonesia person are not interested to design audio system. I do not know why. At university there are much digital electronic teaching rather than analog electronic.
People who love audio can modify audio system, even they do not know basic of electronic. The others follow who dare to modifying and believe their comments.

It is sad how rapidly cleverness overcomes rationaal. The amp is bridged and provided that the number of devices was selected for SOA and the power supply is capable then this configuration will provide 62Vrms into 4 ohm.

I do not know of anyone who listens to continuous single tone sine waves into pure resistors so 1000 watt rms is a figment of the imagination in any case.

One rather must assume that it is music they listen too driving speakers and the peak power delivered by the amplifier would most definitely reach 1000 watt into a nominal 8 ohms. Tom's maths shows it all, but neglected that it is necessary is to double the voltage swing in bridge mode.

Hi Nico! It's good to see you again!

Yes. Sorry. I did not notice or think about bridged configuration, for the calculations.

And what will be the voltage across the 220 ohm resistor. more or less than Vce SAT?

Yes, looks like it is operating safely because of 220 ohm resistors, and resulting smooth round clip also with this. Although the current may higher when clip, tip41/42 is to220 package and survive VAS overload current through 220ohm, and limited time to 470uF energy stock.

Last edited:
This one is the original schematic:
C945 inputs and Sanken OPS. That 220ohm VAS supply originally 820ohm and supplied with +/-42VDC. At the first launch, this amp is instantly famous but rather dissapear again.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...ow-do-you-think-about-amplifier-namec-btl.jpg

for the amplifier to produce 2500 watts, your power transformer should be a 5kva one, weighing in at least 30kg....assuming the output trannies can survive testing at that power level....

Stand by and always reading,, with "new" account and new registration.. Okey,, one comment from us,, Rembang DIY_ers,, "and,, impossible to get one kilowaatt,, with simple driver,, very unstable to drive the finals,, and very very high risk without "super" driver and protector".. So,, to be continued.. Peace and nice brothers..

Amazing..

Stand by and always reading,, with "new" account and new registration.. Okey,, one comment from us,, Rembang DIY_ers,, "and,, impossible to get one kilowaatt,, with simple driver,, very unstable to drive the finals,, and very very high risk without "super" driver and protector".. So,, to be continued.. Peace and nice brothers..

In an Indonesia forum, many members desire to build high power of amplifier for PA's using. They want power full bass sound. They do not care about measurement. They do not care about sound quality. It is all about sound pressure of bass.
Many of them experienced about modifying audio circuit, but do not care about the theory of basic electronic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.