Affordable, complete, power amp kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for an affordable kit amp project for a Christmas present for a friend. He has seen me build an Avondale NCC200 amp and I think would love to have a go himself.

It would have to be a relatively simple project to build, I will of course help him but I think he would get more out of it if he did it himself. Also, the ideal would be if it was all in one, so he (or I) did not have to spend hours hunting down parts. The ideal kit would be a 60W/channel solid state power amp kit, as inexpensive as possible ;)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ed

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
I thought Adcom makes 200w "modulars" that you can drop in their chassis to make 2, 5 or 7 channel power amps. Those modules come in with heatsink and fully assembled / tested, for just $200 a piece. they are good for 200w too but I am not sure if it is for 8-ohm or 4-ohm.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.