SKA GB150D now public domain...

Yes, but from his site!SKA sponsored Audio Forum - Order Someone here can build or modified this pcb. since He released the schematic to the public, I do not think He would mind.
Well, I think I would want his permission first. Even then, the interest might be very limited, because you can buy from the original designer.

I am making a few boards for Bonsai's nx-Amp, because he is a) not selling them himself, and b) he published all the information to encourage people to do that.

nx-amp build thread

Even there, and w. encouragement by Bonsai, only 4-5 people seem to be seriously interested.

I would hate to use information that was published for discussion and experimenting, and use it to clone his product. Just b/c someone published a schematic, does not mean it is automatically in the public domain to make copies of his design... :confused:

hi kacernator,

Please see the attachment.

regards

Note: I have double-checked the schematic but there is always a chance I missed something. Please let me know of any errors.
Some of the more recent posts on the SKA forum describe 0R15 source resistors on the output devices for improving bias stability. I am not sure if these are per device or shared

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Some of the more recent posts on the SKA forum describe 0R15 source resistors on the output devices for improving bias stability. I am not sure if these are per device or shared

Thanks davidsrsb,

These are on the schematic, R28 and R29, but I have shown the rail terminals on the wrong side of them, hence the confusion.

I will fix the schematic tomorrow and repost.

regards

4895946695_aa37933959.jpg

This is my SKA 150 amp.Love it hands down.
Having several dozen amps in and out of my room every year, I can say this amp is very dynamic.
Over several years displaying at RMAF I have teamed up with Gary Dodd and I can say without a doubt that this amp has very similar sound to Gary Dodds tube 50 watt monos which have a mid range balance that is just to die for.

AS a fact I just shorted out my leads for a long time and blew the resistors and back and forth with Greg and I had it going in a few hrs today.
Too funny I had been emailing him today and see this post.

Well worth the build....

Sorry wrong photo here is the amp

9212611620_d660281cc8.jpg

Top photo shows my old pair of Sound labs and the 150T..

Last edited:
Over several years displaying at RMAF I have teamed up with Gary Dodd and I can say without a doubt that this amp has very similar sound to Gary Dodds tube 50 watt monos which have a mid range balance that is just to die for.

Wow! I haven't heard a highish powered valve amp, but I've heard a couple of references to the SKA having similar sound to one. Yours looks pretty much standard - any fancy boutique parts or tweaks?