Matrix 1000Watt Peak at 2-Ohms LS DOS VAS U1 2013 Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Based on Matrix 1.4 Free Audio Power Amplifier Technology from Indonesia... :D

1000w-2-ohms-63v-supply-audio-power-amp_dos-v-u1-1000-ls2-2013-rev-1.png

The data in the lower left corner confirms this as a 500W into 2r0 amplifier.
With a 7pair output stage, it should be capable of supplying 500W long term as long as you keep the output devices cool enough.
I see they recommend +-63Vdc for the PSU. This is too high for some of the components specified.
A 40Vac+40Vac transformer should be able to easily hit the 500W into 2r0 target.
This will give a ~ +-58Vdc

I don't like the bias voltage stage.
Why is R02 (1k) there?
Is this a slave amp to be fed with speaker level signals?
R01A + C01 equals no treble !

Hi choirul, you can get the layout PCB design for DOS-V Variant here:

Download MATRIX 1.4 Free Audio Power Amplifier from SourceForge.net

Do not forget to decompress the package by using any decompresser program (winzip, winrar, Gnome File Roller, etc), so you will get the package contents ini PDF.

You may also get the original DOS-V layout PCB design in editable KiCad format (include in Gerber & NC Drill format), but, you must contact the DOS-V Project Maintainer (Heru Himawan T). Ask him to get the design for personal use only.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Before you do comment to much, you better try such schematic ... do not forget to add a 330pF capacitor between base-to-collector of Q6.
I don't think so. If I was ever in need of 500W of audio power it would be with a more modern design which probably would be little different in cost.

Further: MJE340/350 must be extremely cheap or fakes to substitute for smaller transistors in the input/VAS stages. Much cheaper TO92 parts would ordinarily suffice for some parts there.

The input sensitivity, at 100mV, seems a bit high for modern line level inputs or digital sources. Any good reason to increase likely noise levels like this?

sorry ... I have this power mmbangun overnight ... I adjust the value of the component schema. and I have tried using Sanken 8 tr final set. 20amp 55volt ac transformer wear. I do not understand the theory I just plug it in and solder. I am trying to load some kind of speaker ... from 8'' to 21'' .. test with music speakers leaf movement in particular frequwenci speaker movement is not in tune with the music ..

sorry ... I have this power mmbangun overnight ... I adjust the value of the component schema. and I have tried using Sanken 8 tr final set. 20amp 55volt ac transformer wear. I do not understand the theory I just plug it in and solder. I am trying to load some kind of speaker ... from 8'' to 21'' .. test with music speakers leaf movement in particular frequwenci speaker movement is not in tune with the music ..

mmbangun = ?????
This schematic required only 45Vac to 48Vac.... Check the PSU Schematic below,,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.