Retro Amp 50W Single Supply

Old single supply topology no need DC protect :)

Attachments

• APEX AX6.jpg
    APEX AX6.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 18,943
  • APEX AX6 PCB MON.jpg
    APEX AX6 PCB MON.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 12,350
Reactions: 1 user

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi,

Me too have built my first amp based on a circuit similar to this one.

The output cap is within the ac feedback loop - this lessen output cap size requirements somewhat. But a small output cap will limit power bandwidth. Better use to use 4700uF or more.

Since the Leak Delta 70 schematic is available in this forum, I don't see the point of posting this, exactly. Unless you are selling PWB's, but the Leak has a variable bias current potentiometer, and this doesn't. I build stuff like this point to point on Nema LE laminate because of the fool-resistant speaker protection, but this circuit is even more basic than djoffe's bias current measuring modification of the ST120.
If you're selling stuff, a link through facebook is a black hole to me. Facebook won't show anything unless you give them your birthdate, and that is a security code to my retirement accounts, I don't give that away. People will have to pay a credit bureau to get my birthdate, the one that floats around the internet is a fake. To sell things try Amazom.com, they don't require an up to date computer to participate, nor a pay-pal account like e-bay. And Amazon's list of credit card numbers hasn't hit the news has having been hacked and sold, yet.

Last edited:
Since the Leak Delta 70 schematic is available in this forum, I don't see the point of posting this, exactly. Unless you are selling PWB's, but the Leak has a variable bias current potentiometer, and this doesn't. I build stuff like this point to point on Nema LE laminate because of the fool-resistant speaker protection, but this circuit is even more basic than djoffe's bias current measuring modification of the ST120.
If you're selling stuff, a link through facebook is a black hole to me. Facebook won't show anything unless you give them your birthdate, and that is a security code to my retirement accounts, I don't give that away. People will have to pay a credit bureau to get my birthdate, the one that floats around the internet is a fake. To sell things try Amazom.com, they don't require an up to date computer to participate, nor a pay-pal account like e-bay. And Amazon's list of credit card numbers hasn't hit the news has having been hacked and sold, yet.

This amp is very different compare to Leak Delta 70. I don't selling stuff, you must diy PWB's for this amp :)
Regards

Reactions: 1 user
Is it good practice to have the input of the amplifier absolutely not guarded against RF ?

is it good practice to have extremely fast drivers to drive too slow outputs ?

Also 2200ufd in the output will only serve as a memory of the past now days i think far more is needed

Kind regards
Sakis

You can use BD241/242, TIP31/32... if you want slow drivers, and 6800uF/50V can fit on this PCB if you want (25mm diametar)
Regards