1000W Simple PA Amplifier

the BC560 can also used by nearly direct replace. To reduce the voltage (Vce Voltage) only two additional resistors must be introduce in the collector lines. As an additional wanted effect occurs a lower thermal value above ambient (less power loss) even by enhance the idle current through the input differencial amp (3-5mA is a better value for good sound than only 1,3mA - the currently value).
This I have often realized by several high voltage audio power amps like NAD to avoid burned PCB areas arround the input stage with TO92 small signal transistors.

I use 3-5mA only for J-FET input differencial amp, for BJT 500uA-1,5mA for different VAS topology.
Time will show but I think that BA1200 will be popular diy amp. Single side pcb size 75x260mm with 20 outputs, power can be scaled... if I made different circuit nobody want to build it :)

Last edited:
Apex,
I suggest you consider the audience you have attracted.
The vast majority looking at your designs are only there because you publish high power designs. These same Power hungry Members in general do not understand what makes a good amplifier and what makes a bad amplifier. All they want is silly power ratings.
I would rather say, that most developers of currently available typical hifi amplifier (so called Ultra High-End Audio power amps) don't understand, what makes a good amplifier and what makes a bad amplifier.
The evidence for that is very easy: Currently available amps with sonic performance like Passlabs or Halcro are very hard to find.
At right calculation by apexaudio's circuit topology together with well dimensioned power supply and top quality caps one will get excellent soundquality in all respects.
When one have typical public address power amp devices with bad sound, the main reason isn't the fact, that this amp is a high power version and was designed only for stage. The main reason is mostly the fact, that there are the cheapest available main electrolytic caps in use.

If you had read the articles written by Mr. Nelson Pass carefully, you would know that the height of the output voltage and power only determines the maximum undistorted SPL at a certainly speaker, and not the sonic quality itself.

I want keep it simple.
for more simple design than this here, check out the MJR amp topologies:
http://www.angelfire.com/ab3/mjramp/index.html

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
too late anyway, its already happening :p

Attachments

• IMG_9019.JPG
    IMG_9019.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 2,324
this supply will only see 15.000uF pr rail. that is a little on the low end. also the total ripple current will be low. and ESR high. one will need BIG caps to connect it like this. maybe 22.000uF and twice as many. so the price will be the same as if one use 160V caps:)

Most of people can not find 120V or 160 V capacitors in their place, 10000uF/63V is easy to find anywhere for lower price than any other capacitor. Best solution is to reduce rail voltage to +/-95V and use standard PSU circuit with 6x10000uF/100V capacitors.