Chinese "Hitachi" mosfets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are some on ebay which are marked as being Hitachi but are being shipped from China.

I looked at the Renesas web site but wasn't able to find one which looked like the Hitachi TO-3's. Product #???
I think some Renesas mosfets may be manufactured in China now. It is not uncommon to see pictures of a part on a manufacturer's web site, and then receive parts with labels that look different, and with different country of origin listed, even as samples from the same manufacturer. Especially older components that were pushed out of the original factory by newer and more profitable parts... So, is the same part number still "genuine", when it comes from some unspecified subcontracted fab facility... :mad:

Renesas does have replacements spec wise, but the case style is TO-3P (flat pack) not the metal can style (TO-3). It would be wise to go with exicon as I suggested. You would need to fabricate heatsinks should you chose TO-3P devices as the stock ones have to many holes (No good contact for a flat pack)

Just go with Exicon (or find NOS GENUINE Hitachi devices)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.