an STK 30XX solution - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd May 2013, 11:39 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default an STK 30XX solution

well i am the first one that doesn't like STK amplifiers or IC's ...they don't have trimmers to adjust anything , you don't know what is going on inside , and as we speak PMC provides STK 3152 or similar to my door under 5 euro.

Probably this must be a low quality product like most of PMC parts but i say probably ...you don't know what is going on inside .

Still i had a Luxman burned beyond any possible repair most of the dead parts are unobtainable like :
dual pack fet 2SK332
C2291 also dual pack transistors
A995 dual pack transistor
J 109 dual fet
and mosfet drivers

all these is one simple amplifier ... God what they had in mind these people .

--quickly replaced the drivers with bipolar while rest of the hardware outputs ,Vbe Multiplier ,and VI limiter was in perfect condition .

---Created a small pcb with one STK takes a few capacitors and few resistors and about 10 minutes to make .

--Hardwired supply ,in and out, two leads directly on each driver set , one lead per output

--re adjust the bias ,measure 10mv of offset in the output and done less than 1 hour ...

I think i have to create a pcb to give away to repair people in cases a quick solution like that is needed

even though gain was far to high and i had to replace parts on the STK to bring it down all the rest work like a charm ...

At this amp first stages work with 60 +60 volts and to my surprise the stk was quite cold after one hour of operation

Weird ?

Hide this!Advertise here!