P3A won't work

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finished wiring up my P3A. I tested with the 22 ohm safety resistors in place of the fuses. The LED lights up and everything appears fine. The voltage at the output is less than 1V. However the resistors get VERY hot. The voltage drop accross the resistors is almost 22V! It is the same for every channel. They all read almost exactly the same drop accross the resistors. This led me to believe that I had put in a wrong component. I looked over everything very carefully, twice and found that the NPN and PNP's were switched at the outputs. I changed this and tested again. The voltage drop accross the safety resistors is still the same. The voltages provided by the power supply seem to be fine, so I'm guessing the problem is in the amp. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance,

Austin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.