Need Schematics for repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry but they are not meant to be repaired at the component level, but by replacing modules, which can be bought straight from the Factory.
Same as in, say, PCs, where you don't grab your Digital Scope to repair a Video Board but just replace it.
Delights of automated factories: it's cheaper to build a new one than to repair the old one.
Sorry.
NX Audio

Nobody out there who has the schematics, just need Amp and preamp circuit, cause the amp starts and shows all leds on, then goes to red led (Protect mode). no ouput transistors blown, some minor problem might be there, but need schematics to properly locate the problem.

Nobody out there who has the schematics, just need Amp and preamp circuit, cause the amp starts and shows all leds on, then goes to red led (Protect mode). no ouput transistors blown, some minor problem might be there, but need schematics to properly locate the problem.

Agree, but a minor problem there is, say, an unplugged connector, a missing fuse, an improperly set switch, a cold solder in some component.

*If* you need to dig into it, at component level, it's not a minor problem any more.

If I faced this situation, I would first check the power supplies. I assume the power section use some higher voltage, both polarities. I don't know this amp, never heard the name, but as a high power amp it may have commutating power supplies. For example +/-35v and +/-100v, or something like that. It should be easy to find the power supplies. And your preamps likely run on +/-15vDC, so check if those are both up to voltage and clean.

As an example, in a mixer, if I see all the peak lights on in the absence of signal, I can usually assume one of the 15v rails is gone. SO a collapsed or failing 15v rail in your amp could do the same here.

Amp is in protect, is there a speaker relay? You may not have shorted output transistors, but that doesn't mean they are not being turned on the wrong way. SO if there is a relay, look on the amp side of it and see if there is a large DC offset on the output bus before the relay. That won't tell you WHY, but it will tello you what you are up against.

If you can determine that one channel has the problem but is putting the entire amp into protect, that may leave the good channel to use as reference. Is there a board per channel or is it one large board for both?

My anti-virus won;t let me open the NX page.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.