FET drivers for BJT outputs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Driving by FET, this advantage get higher Z of OPS, light load for Vas, Vas not overload when Z load lower and high speed.
But, problem is: not have truly complementary pairs and Ciss too high. If you want resistant to the influence, you must run Vas at higher quiescent current.

Why do you not try T-triple EF3? I'm think, in current,this is best way.

Driving by FET, this advantage get higher Z of OPS, light load for Vas, Vas not overload when Z load lower and high speed.
But, problem is: not have truly complementary pairs and Ciss too high. If you want resistant to the influence, you must run Vas at higher quiescent current.

Why do you not try T-triple EF3? I'm think, in current,this is best way.

Driver FET is not driven by VAS, but by BJT pre-driver.
FET is not used to make an easy load for VAS and Ciss is not so much problem.
I already use a triple, but not EF3, instead CFP Pre-driver+Driver then EF output.
FET is to provide more speed than BJT so there is more freedom to stabilize the CFP internal loop. Also free of second break-down so possible to increase the bias and improve turn-off of the outputs.
Make sense?

Best wishes
David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.