PeeCeeBee

shaan said:
Something else. Turn VR3 and crank it up to 200mA. They'll get warm this time.

thanks. will do and report. Do you reckon this will change the sound?

shaan said:
I hope that you will appreciate the difference between the two amps' LF signature. As V4's sound is not supposed to mimic or replace F5T in any shape or form, but just be different.

Thanks again
shaan

oh, I do. didnt mean that one was "better" or "worse"....just different. I also think it has changed a little after having played for a few days.

thanks. will do and report. Do you reckon this will change the sound?

Increasing the class-a ceiling always has a good effect on measured THD upto a volume level. But I am not 100% sure if that will be perceptible in a listening test, with Rev2 even less so.

oh, I do. didnt mean that one was "better" or "worse"....just different. I also think it has changed a little after having played for a few days.

:up::)

I'm glad you've built it. Some pics would be great addition. BTW, why not update the thread on the other forum?

Rajesh, I never could get rid of the cross channel hum in the F5T fully. It's very faint now, but it's there. Not one of my better efforts. It works though, and I play it sometimes. I suspect that the hum is robbing it of some of its musical character.

This one, on the other hand, i like... a lot. :)

Ok, let's start (slowly but Start).
Some photo of components...

Mosfet from Tayda
Panasonic FC caps
Wima poly caps
Transistors to match
Nuvotem Talema 25+25 6A
DC block for toroidal

Stay tuned!!

Attachments

• components_1.JPG
    components_1.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 1,027
  • components_2.JPG
    components_2.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 1,018
  • components_3.JPG
    components_3.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,009
  • components_4.JPG
    components_4.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 1,002
Looking for FirstOne 1.4M amplifier module

Hi !!

I just fried (half working, bad sound, 2 led lights still on) a FirtsOne V1.4M module of my dual-mono amplifier.

No answer so far from Ubiq .......:confused:

I'm just asking for someone having a spare one for selling .........:eek:
PM me here if so!

Thanks in advance

JMK

Looking for VSSA modules

Hi J.M.K

You are posting in the wrong thread. Try the vendor bazaar forum section.

Thanks, I'm sorry for polluting your thread.

But I have an alternative question:
Is it possible to use your Peeceebee boards feeded by my pair of unregulated +/- 47 Volts SMPS (in a dual mono setup), in order to get rid of my FO 1.4M and keep my present power supply ?
I'm very happy with the VSSA topolgy, feeding very well my 3 way speakers.

Thanks a lot

Regards

JMK

V4H settings

Thanks ............

But what's the difference between V2 and V4H ?

JMK

OK, sorry, forget about this newbee's question, I found the answer in this very thread.

One question though: is there any change to do in the BOM (V4H) for my 47V DC power supply, or is it just the standard setting ?

I guess I'll have to wait for the GB2 to be ended, but I'd like to gather most components meanwhile .....

Thanks a lot

JMK

OK, sorry, forget about this newbee's question, I found the answer in this very thread.

One question though: is there any change to do in the BOM (V4H) for my 47V DC power supply, or is it just the standard setting ?

I guess I'll have to wait for the GB2 to be ended, but I'd like to gather most components meanwhile .....

Thanks a lot

JMK

I finally found the answer in the GB thread, sorry for polluting.
No change needed.

JMK

Hi,

I have a doubt about connecting the transformer with the PSU.
PSU have 3 connectors ac / gnd / ac and my transformers have 2 secondaries. I've connected this way (see attachments)
Is it OK?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20180825_113544.jpg
    IMG_20180825_113544.jpg
    784.5 KB · Views: 929
  • IMG_20180825_113559.jpg
    IMG_20180825_113559.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 870
Hi,

I have a doubt about connecting the transformer with the PSU.
PSU have 3 connectors ac / gnd / ac and my transformers have 2 secondaries. I've connected this way (see attachments)
Is it OK?

Thanks
Lift the RED and ORANGE cables.
Connect the transformer to main voltage.
Using an AC voltmeter measure between black/yellow and red,you must see 25v.
Measure again between black/yellow and orange,you mast see 25v.
If so you have correct connections.
In any case your transformer isn't suitable because of low current(low VA range).:(

Hi,

Here's my final build :)
Just need to add a fuse and to connect the switch to the 12V to enlight it.

I tested it a few hours this week end, and i like it a lot. I'm not very good at describing the sound and english is not my first language, but i'll try.

My system is composed of a PC with Qobuz, an Atoll Dac100SE directly wired to the power amp, I don't have a preamp for the moment, and a pair of DIY speakers, the Prima from Justdiyit (Scanspeak discovery serie).

My previous amp was a 5 channels Emotiva UPA-5, that was already a lot better than my Denon X4000. But now I can hear that the Emotiva was not that good, the bass were not tight and not very defined. With the V4 everything feels very clear and transparent.

I can feel the the V4 is less powerfull than the Emotiva, which is supposed to be 5x125w/8ohm, but it's enough to drive the Prima and make my neighbours come to yell at me :)
And more importantly, the sound is still very clear at higher volume level !

Anyway, I'll will try to make the V4H later !! =D

I think that now, I've other thing to work on to improve my system (preamp, dac) :)

Fabio

Attachments

• IMG_20180901_193030__01.jpg
    IMG_20180901_193030__01.jpg
    898 KB · Views: 805
  • IMG_20180901_193144.jpg
    IMG_20180901_193144.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_20180901_193227.jpg
    IMG_20180901_193227.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 732