PeeCeeBee

Shaan,
I want to change the amplifier stage of a vintage commercial integrated audio gadget, whose outputs have blown away (STK-like modules). The supplies are 57+57DCV.
I think Peeceebee V2.0, with dual fet outputs and 56V rails would be a very interesting choice.
Now I see you have V4, with more sofisticated circuitry.
Would it be feasible to blend both characteristics into a V4 with dual fet outputs and 56V rails??
Thank you very much.

Giveaway update:

Prasi - 2xV1.1 + 2xV2 + 2xV3 - SHIPPED
avesbilal - 2xV1.1 + 2xV2 + 2xV3 - SHIPPED
Joshvi - 2xV1.1 + 2xV2 + 2xV3 - SHIPPED
Sashi - 2xV1.1 + 2xV2 + 2xV3 - SHIPPED
gannaji - 2xV1.1 + 2xV2 + 2xV3 - SHIPPED
CB89 - 2xV1.1 + 2xV2 + 2xV3 - Booked
potepuh - 2xV1.1 + 2xV2 + 2xV3 - Booked
vasillis - 2xV1.1 + 2xV2 + 2xV3 - Booked
Boyet0173 - 2xV2 + 2xV3 - Booked
Sonal Kunal - 2xV1.1 + 2xV2 + 2xV3 - Booked
Rajesh - 2xV1.1 + 2xV2 + 2xV3 - Booked
meanman1964 - 2xV2 - Booked
e_fortier - 2xV1.1 + 2xV2 - Booked
THS - 2xV1.1 +2xV2 - Booked
heritriw - 2xV1.1 + 2xV2 - Booked

Shipping started. :)

Did the listening test of V2.0 and v4.0. Later did the listening test again but with friends. No doubt V2.0 beats V4.0. V4.0 is not bad, a very good amp, but V2.0 version was more liked for everyone. Can it be an active bootstrap maybe? The current source in the first stage works very nice. Maybe a V2.0 version with CCS only could be a tests killer?
Thanks for amp designs, will be building a V2.0 verison. Caps for power supply ordered :D

I'm glad you liked V2, along with your friends. In fact I always believed you would end up liking it more. That said, I'm sorry and surprised that your V4 layout couldn't beat the sonics of a PeeCeeBee from two generations ago. Because it should as mine does so easily, and almost all my local friends agree with me on this. There may be something to do with the................never mind.

All the best with V2 tests. I have a couple friends who swear by V1.1/V2/V3 sonics and I completely respect their opinions. They say these versions sound almost like tubes, with strong focus on vocals. Well, who feels sad if his simple and cheap class-ab amp is compared with class-a tube amps? I don't. :D ;)

I dont think it is a layout. A taste maybe. And glad to know i am not the only one with such a taste :) i dont think i read many listening experiences in this thread. I have sent some boards to one of the member of diyaudio and hopefully he will test and measure them.
In fact I always believed you would end up liking it more
Thats cheating haha :) but you were right. Thanks for replying. Have fun building PeeCeeBees

Last edited:
I do think it is the layout. In any case you're looking at the wrong thread for V4's sonic impressions. Keep searching if it matters to you anymore. ;)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I know it sounded like cheating. What can I say? My beliefs often contradict my hopes.

Having fun building lots of PeeCeeBees with friends from all over the globe. I'm only thankful. :)