PeeCeeBee

IMG_20140220_131752.jpg

IMG_20140220_133411.jpg ..better late than never..:D

Peeceebee using Nafs lay-out (input diff 2SC1845/2SA992).
Many thanks Shaan and Naf! :cool:

J. K.

What this output pair IRFP9240 and IRFP240, left over from another project?

Those won't work in the PeeCeeBee as it is. Those are vertical MOSFETs, they have a different pin-out, and they would require thermal compensation. Also, the required gate voltage will result in less output swing. It is possible to build a VSSA version with the IRFP240 / IRFP9240 but not with the basic design used here.

It has been stated a number of time that this design uses lateral MOSFETs only. For a version that uses different output device types look to this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/237219-fet-hex-explendit-amplifier.html#post3517847

Last edited:
Hi PiCiBi gang! :D

My favorite PeeCeeBee design was Shaan's and I made my own version following Shaan's original. I have attached the files for share, laserjet-toner transfer for home etching. Make sure to print a sample first for parts size comparison in your area. Two version exists, one for BCs and the other for 2SA/2SC (input diff trannies). I hope you may find them useful for your audio amp hobby.

Cheers!

P.S. v1.4 do not points to LCs original this is Shaan's PeeCeeBee.

Attachments

• PiCiBiv1.4all_bc.jpg
    PiCiBiv1.4all_bc.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 863
  • PiCiBiv1.4top_bc.jpg
    PiCiBiv1.4top_bc.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 844
  • PiCiBiv1.4all_2s.jpg
    PiCiBiv1.4all_2s.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 814
  • PiCiBiv1.4top_2s.jpg
    PiCiBiv1.4top_2s.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 783
  • PiCiBiv1.4toner_bc.pdf
    166.8 KB · Views: 276
  • PiCiBiv1.4toner_2s.pdf
    168.2 KB · Views: 254
Hi Bimo.

I opted to remain silent. Reason- things get dirty pretty fast even in diyA, have seen this happen a lot of time in the past.

I trust my own eyes and ears, so god's opinion on the advantages of VFB over CFB in any realworld/imaginary application means nothing to me.

Do I make myself clear bimo? I think I did.

Again, I didn't reply to Mr. Marsh's opinion just because I couldn't

1. lie to myself
2. afford the PeeCeeBee thread go to hell... ;)

Now, dear fellows, please remain on-topic. Big thanks for keeping this thread clean. :worship:

Hi PiCiBi gang! :D

My favorite PeeCeeBee design was Shaan's and I made my own version following Shaan's original. I have attached the files for share, laserjet-toner transfer for home etching. Make sure to print a sample first for parts size comparison in your area. Two version exists, one for BCs and the other for 2SA/2SC (input diff trannies). I hope you may find them useful for your audio amp hobby.

Cheers!

P.S. v1.4 do not points to LCs original this is Shaan's PeeCeeBee.

Eagle?

Nice job man. I still can't scratch the surface of that program! :p