PeeCeeBee

#1001 post

I'm grateful to have so many constructive comments that only helps broaden my knowledge and experience. I'm happy to have the chance to share the layout with everyone here, and thankful to the big bros who shared their own works (I'm only 28 :) ).
Hi Shaan, I'm 27 :)
Alright, zobel resistor flattened, triangle and line footprint MT trimpot added with single turn trimpot. Seems there will be only one version of the layout. :)
No, you not the only one.
I also made 2 pairs output with source resistor (or jumper if not need)...

I'm waiting your new version...
I have my own layout but the parts are not yet complete (on their way)
I'm waiting the parts (vertical mounted 5 watt resistor) so it is fit nicely at the PeeCeeBee

ps : I feel sorry for my earlier post, hope you don't mind :worship:

Attachments

• pot.png
    pot.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,249
In the meantime, interested guys may start sourcing 1.5mm or 1.6mm thick nylon washers for the VAS. These will be our "spacers". ;)
The Renesas parts I have measure consistent in thickness, 4.8~4.85 mm.

The BD139/140, not so much, but mostly around 2.5~2.55 mm
(TO-126 w. heatsink pkg)

The BD139-16S-16/140-16S are between 3.25 and 3.30 mm
(those are all-plastic, so different pkg spec)

KSA1381/KSC3503, also plastic, same 3.25 ~~ 3.30

My mica washers measure 0.1 mm, and my silpads, 0.32

just for comparison....

LC used the Alfets, 5.02-5.03 mm with an insulator 0.33 thick
KSA1381/KSC3503 plastic pkg, about 3.25 mm (no insulator required)
and 2 mm spacers

@Shaan, still planning to respond to the layout, been a bit busy, sorry

Shaan,

I think it is a very nice and clean layout, and it places the dual mosfets and VAS transistors very well now.

One can use two spacers if one isn't enough, simple.
Sure, I do not see a big issue, but since I have a bunch of parts sitting here, I thought I would post some dimensions, so we can all plan ahead.

The 470R which was in paralel w the two diodes is absent, so I assume you are planning on a fixed voltage spread. I would not have a problem with that, but it may be worth noting for other people.

The diameter of the largest electrolytic is 16-mm (?)

That's all from me, :up:

Pete

PEECEEBEE V2.0 Double MOSFET

Dimensions: 5" x 2.5" (127mm x 63.5mm)

Have fun.

:) :c_flag: :note: :sax: :sing: :treasure:

Attachments

• PCB-V2-LAYOUT.pdf
    38.8 KB · Views: 379
  • PCB-V2-SILKSCREEN.pdf
    8.7 KB · Views: 303
  • PCB-V2-MASK-1.pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 277
  • PCB-V2-MASK-2.pdf
    15.2 KB · Views: 238
  • PCB-V2-XRAY.pdf
    45.4 KB · Views: 396
  • LayoutCapture.png
    LayoutCapture.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,097
I think it is a very nice and clean layout, and it places the dual mosfets and VAS transistors very well now.

Thanks for your help.

The 470R which was in paralel w the two diodes is absent, so I assume you are planning on a fixed voltage spread.

Pads have been added for trimmer(470R or 1K). So if one wants to play with the bias then replace the 4148 diodes with the trimmer.

The diameter of the largest electrolytic is 16-mm (?)

0.4" (10.2mm) :)

Again thanks for the time you spent on scrutinizing the layout. Big help. :worship:

Hi Shaan,

Do you have the official BOM for this double MOSFet PeeCeeBee V2 Amplifier?

Btw, given the lengthy threads, how did you implement this for a subwoofer amp?

Thanks again for the nice PCB design.

WP

My pleasure.

I haven't built the dual FET PCB yet. But I intend to drive it with ESP subwoofer processor.

Now PeeCeeBee has the option to run on higher voltage, say 50V. This is in fact as using double die Latfets but much cheaper as double die Latfets cost 10 Euros each. Also the cooling will be better than single double die Latfet.

Correct. :up:

can someone tell me please how to order pcbs. Thanks Evette

Hi Evette. :wave:

You can ask guys in this thread who have built it successfully and are close to your residence, through PM. The dual FET PCB hasn't yet been built by any.

Or, if you are in a hurry, then how about etching it yourself and show it off here, will be great. :yes:

shaan

Important: Non-critical error in Silcscreen of Dual FET PEECEEBEE V2

The 10R and 470R resistors at the positive VAS got swapepd. Apologies. I'm still a fresher in this field. :eek:

Please note:- The devices will not fail if someone places them in swapped positions following the faulty silkscreen.

What will happen:- The VAS and Output stage simply will not turn on, there will be no danger for the circuit or speaker(if connected).

The corrected silkscreen is in the next post.

Attachments

• errata.png
    errata.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 900