Right rear.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 822
  • top open.jpg
    top open.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 817
  • open top from rear.jpg
    open top from rear.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 783
You almost need a clear acrylic top panel for some of your builds. When you have company over for a listening session you could show them what they were listening to. They might think that there is more to some of the amplifiers than there is, perhaps a little surprise in store.

Yes, this is a good idea :) ...
people seems don't believe what is inside the box because the sound is very lovely :)
See how they surprise when they see it :D

I have a nearby friend here building his PeeCeeBee, not done yet & I like to help him if he needs, I will ask him post here if he doesn't mind :cool:

Yes, this is a good idea :) ...
people seems don't believe what is inside the box because the sound is very lovely :)
See how they surprise when they see it :D

I have a nearby friend here building his PeeCeeBee, not done yet & I like to help him if he needs, I will ask him post here if he doesn't mind :cool:

Hi John Widhi
How is your double TR final PeeCeeBee?....
I am waiting for your review...
Best Regards...

Hi John Widhi
How is your double TR final PeeCeeBee?....
I am waiting for your review...
Best Regards...
Hi Mr Arif,
Sorry that's gonna be long time to be done, my double pair output is not finish yet.
It start to get unstable at a little higher voltage than 44VDC...
(my goal it is stable at least at 50VDC without modify too much)
I can't measure with scope yet, maybe after I can lend or make a PC-scope I can continue that one... I will need someone help that have a good PC scope to build :D

The simple PeeCeeBee is so good so the double pairs can be slow progress :)

Regards

The simple PeeCeeBee is so good so the double pairs can be slow progress :)

I'm not too bent on the dual output version either. One could simply use the dual die Exicon / Semelab parts in an existing design if you really want the added current capability.

Seems to be human nature to always want more. This circuit is really sweet as it is, build one and enjoy it. If you really need monster power then folks should look to other designs.

The PeeCeeBee / VSSA is great sounding, no need for added complications. This was the essence of Shaan's wishes here. There are other threads dedicated to further exploration, one by Borys comes to mind, with vertical MOSFETs and BJTs, various other options also.

Hi Guys,

I finished the PMI peeceebee. Sounds very similar to Jason's design. I need to let both of them break in completely to really see if I can hear a difference, I can right now, but that may change over time, we'll see. Any way, here are some pics.

Enjoy, Terry

Attachments

• left side open PMI.jpg
    left side open PMI.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 764
  • inside rear PMI.jpg
    inside rear PMI.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 792
  • top open PMI.jpg
    top open PMI.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 815
  • right rear PMI.jpg
    right rear PMI.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 811
  • left front PMI.jpg
    left front PMI.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 956
Hi, everybody !
Here is my layout for VSSA (Shann schematic). It should be perfect ... but ???
I use 1µF Wima caps, and the same heathsinks as PMI (same vendor).
A question : is it a good idea to use 2SB649A and 2SD669A as drivers, instead of BD139/140 ?
Regards

Attachments

• VSSA MB-Silk.bmp
    164.6 KB · Views: 259
  • VSSA MB-Bottom.bmp
    132.6 KB · Views: 223