Capacitor ID - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd March 2013, 05:32 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Capacitor ID

Hi everyone, I am seeking assistance in identifying a fried component which I pulled out of a Sugden Optima amplifier. It looks like a capacitor but is not marked in the usual way. It is a green cylinder just over 1 cm in length. It appears to be made of ceramic material, definitely not plastic. It has axial leads. It is labelled 390R with 5% 3W on second line. There are no other markings and it has no polarity marked.It was mounted on a circuit board to which the speaker binding posts are also attached along with the speaker relays. The component in question appears to be involved in powering the relays which have recently stopped working. Any help in identifying component and specification much appreciated.

Glenn
Old 3rd March 2013, 05:48 AM   #2
just another
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Glenn, that sounds much more like a high power resistor to me. 390 ohms 3Watt...

Tony.
Old 3rd March 2013, 06:30 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Capacitor ID

Thanks Tony. A quick search on ebay under vintage resistors confirms that you are correct. Much appreciated.

Glenn

Hide this!Advertise here!