Luxman: new DML units issued. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th February 2013, 02:59 PM   #1
pe1mmk is offline pe1mmk  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Luxman: new DML units issued.

Hi Luxman amplifier owners,

My name is Hans and I am the moderator of the Luxman Yahoo group and the webmaster of the Luxman Vintage Website.

I can announce today that new DML replacement units have been issued.

This is the real thing for the Luxman amplifier owner that incorporates DML units. Now is the time to do the final replacement and tackle all issues known by the old notorious DML's.

There are new DML-01 and DML-02 units available at production costs. (excl. shipping and other fees). No prophit involved.

Take a look at the Luxman Vintage Website and discover what fantastic new units a famous USA engineer has developed and produced.

You can now finally extend the life of your Luxman and be shure that all Luxman and modern electronic standards will be met by your Luxman amp.

You are invited to ask questions through the website, the Luxman Yahoo group or this forum.

I hope this is of interest for you and you will benefit from this DML replacement project.

kind regards to you all,
Hans
Old 28th February 2013, 03:05 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

forgot to mention the links:

luxman : Luxman vintage audio discussion group
Luxman Yahoo group

Luxman audio products
The Luxman Vintage Website
Old 6th March 2013, 08:00 PM   #3
Gudmund is offline Gudmund  Iceland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pe1mmk View Post
forgot to mention the links:

luxman : Luxman vintage audio discussion group
Luxman Yahoo group

Luxman audio products
The Luxman Vintage Website
Found a guy from Germany who makes the DML-01 and DML-02 modules as well.

Look at : https://picasaweb.google.com/vbkolse...12Preamplifier and

TUBEAMP .....the price pr. module seems to be more expensive than the stated 30-35$...from Hilberink
Old 7th March 2013, 02:19 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default quality difference

Hi,

Did you see where he gets his info? From my Luxman website, no problem with that, but the quality difference of the replacement units is obvious!

And: I offer lifetime guarantee! Look for more difference and details at my Luxman website.

kind regards,
Hans
Old 7th March 2013, 06:33 PM   #5
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Hi,

Did you see where he gets his info? From my Luxman website, no problem with that, but the quality difference of the replacement units is obvious!

And: I offer lifetime guarantee! Look for more difference and details at my Luxman website.

kind regards,
Hans
Hi Hans,

Thank's for your contribution to keep "the golden age" Luxman equipment running for the next couple of decades.
You don't need to explain....all the Luxman owners knows your site already

Nice to know where to find the DML-01 and DML-02 modules to reasonable prices.

I do have two Luxman C12, one M12 and three B12 amplifiers which uses the mentioned modules.

Besides the above mentioned amplifiers I have the "pearl".. Luxman L58........L100, L11, C02 and C03.
The C02 ....beautiful design ....I think

Rgds. Kim
Old 11th March 2013, 11:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Hi,

kind regards,
Hans
Hi,
I have looked closer to the DML-01/02 modules of yours at :
Luxman audio products
The PCB includes nice clean 1mm solderpins....very good idea!

I think that the installation pdf guide you mention for later download would be a great help to many Luxman owners. Thanks!

If I may go a little off topic? .... for repair of a B12 .........Do you have any suggestions where to find replacement output transistors for the Luxman B12?

Free help for L100, M12 and C12 repair: TUBEAMP look at "Luxman" in the menu.

....and much more free hifi stuff on Picasa web: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos

The whole intention with the "Tubeamp" amateur website is to provide hifi ideas for free

...."hifidelitis"....a disorder that's not easy to get rid of

Best regards Kim
Old 11th March 2013, 10:06 PM   #7
llwhtt is offline llwhtt  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello Kim,

I have a Toshiba SA-7150 receiver on the bench and it uses the same output transistors that you are looking for. I have a pair of B-12 also and when I saw the transistors in the Toshibe I thought the numbers looked familiar. Maybe you could find a clapped out Toshiba.

Craig
Old 12th March 2013, 04:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by llwhtt View Post
Hello Kim,

I have a Toshiba SA-7150 receiver on the bench and it uses the same output transistors that you are looking for. I have a pair of B-12 also and when I saw the transistors in the Toshibe I thought the numbers looked familiar. Maybe you could find a clapped out Toshiba.

Craig
Thanks Craig, very nice information to get ....you are very good at observing things

I have bought 3 pairs of Sanken TO3 2SA909/2SC1586 ...should be 10mHz types. The intention was to replace the unoriginal noname transistors in one of the B12's (which the owner before me had used for repair), with the 10mHz Sanken...not perfect but better to know what's inside your amplifier.
I shall try to search for the Toshiba SA-7150 you mentioned....I don't think the original Luxman OP-transistors are available anymore

By use of faster output transistors it would be nice to get as close to Luxman specs as possible...This was not a problem with the M12 at the renovation, because all output transistors worked like new.

Best regards Kim
Old 12th March 2013, 09:33 PM   #9
llwhtt is offline llwhtt  United States
diyAudio Member

What's interesting is note #2 on the schematic that says all semiconductors can be substituted with anything comparable. You don't see that too often!

Craig
Old 13th March 2013, 12:06 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi Kim,

Yes there are replacements, I used them often, I just have to check, I will get beack to you.

regards,
Hans

Hide this!Advertise here!