ultra performance amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my amplifier, which use bjt input stage. 110W/8ohm output, with THD:0.0008% simulated.
And it contains the protection too.

Sajti

Attachments

• PA.png
    PA.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
Thanks for the offer but I don't have need of SOA limiters (if that's what you refer to) in domestic amplifiers. Perhaps I should say that I couldn't sell hi-fi amplifiers if I declared that they were fitted with any type of them. I would agree that PA and instrument amps such as I have also built in small numbers, do need limiters because the average output levels, operating stresses, abuse and risks are relatively much greater. I've been fitting dual and multislope SOA protection to these amps for quite some years because I have seen the damage caused by failures in them and the frequency with which it occurs. If your paper discusses something non-invasive and radically different in operating mode to dual or multislope limiters, I would be grateful to see it.

Actually, a properly designed SOA protection circuit should be inert when not invoked. Send me mail and I'll send you article on how to design them properly.

Actually, a properly designed SOA protection circuit should be inert when not invoked. Send me mail and I'll send you article on how to design them properly.
Yes.

A properly designed IV limiter or SOA protection MUST allow all valid signals to pass to all valid loads.

If one has an 8ohms speaker as the load and that particular speaker demands 30Apk on very rare occasions, then the amplifier that is used with that speaker should allow that 30Apk to pass to the speaker without the limiting interfering with the quality of the signal.

Hi 400kg,

I see you are using 0,1R emitter resistors in the ops with three pairs of 2922/1216. I would like to use 0,1R or 0,15R for the same devices but with four pairs in parallel. With these values I can run the ops with 0,133 to 0,18bias current/device, this to achieve a nice class A output power.

But these values are looking rather small compared with other amp's using other output devices!?
Do you have any idea if the LAPT technology used in these Sanken devices are beter suited to use with rather low emitter resistors?

Any info is welcome!

scope caps and problem

positive portion of the output wave is problematic. why is this happening?

Attachments

• Harmonic problem 2.jpg
    Harmonic problem 2.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 488
  • 350KHz sin.jpg
    350KHz sin.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 446
  • Square Test.jpg
    Square Test.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 388
  • sapphire final.jpg
    sapphire final.jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
I am just thinking out loud:
An error like this should normally be corrected by feedback, so, could it be caused by something out of the loop? For example the VI-limiter?

The scope picture is with 26v output signal, do you have the same error with smaller output voltages?
Could you measure again without the limiter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.