ultra performance amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alex, your PCB is excellent. I'm not able to do such a complicated amplifier with single sided PCB. I have to use double sided...

My point of view that the protection, - especially the switch on delay, and the DC protection - is very important, so I usually put it on the amplifier PCB. This save up some cabling work too.

Sajti

Attachments

• ss04.jpg
    ss04.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:
@400kg

Did you build and test actual circuit in diagram? Your prototype uses single pair and different output devices (2SA1943/2SC5200 I think). Could you post some o'scope screens that proves physical circuit in diagram is not oscillating. I know 2SA1216/2SC2922 aren't cheap devices but you have to provide reliable information about your actual circuit.

Thanks.

Last edited:
PCB rev 1.4

@ sajti
I'm agree protection is missing but I designed only PCB not schematic , maybe will be updated once . BTW your PCB's are nice designed .
Today I made some cosmetics on my board , resized components ....:)
Regards Alex.

Attachments

• PCB ARSLAN.jpg
    PCB ARSLAN.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 576
  • PCB SAPPHIR REV 1.4 ALL.pdf
    218.2 KB · Views: 209
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Where is the ssafe operating area protection and DC offset protection?:(
There has been a long tradition among DIYs generally, to construct amplifiers and related devices in modular form which permits simple, inexpensive changes, upgrades and whole safety systems of the constructor's choice as time, expertise and money permits. These are not commercial products, don't have to meet commercial standards and we are quite free to burn down our homes as a result of any shortcomings.

When it comes to choosing the lesser of several evils in protection schemes, it seems everyone holds a different view and for the designer to add his choice of protection or any other auxiliary circuitry is more likely to deter than encourage others to share the project. Recent interest in fast Mosfet switches as electromechanical relay replacements is a good case in point for choice.

There is also a considerable support trade in selling the components, PCBs and assemblies based on the simple modular approach that permits individual choice and reuse of the modules in subsequent projects. The coverage of commercial websites, print and electronic publications, Forums, Ebay etc. that have all catered to this particular style of DIY construction is pretty firmly established now and over time, it has proven the most popular, low cost and accessible approach to DIY construction for the average enthusiast.

Sure, some projects have had many professional hours of refinement poured into them and result in exemplary products that you can assemble as a single project in a sort of u-build-it approach more than a project to participate in. 'Fine for some with the cash and maybe some are even SOTA but not much scope for the full DIY learning experience, really. :2c:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.