sony N80ES blown tranistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I was adjusting the bias offset, finished the right and was busy with the left when it blew. It should be 15mv, the right was fine but the left was off. I did a recap a few months ago and everything was fine and I just wanted to check again if it was still at 15mv.
Q362 transistor and R370 resistor keeps on blowing in my Sony N80es. Just changed it and as soon as i power it on smoke!It's on the main A board (audio board)
Does anyone know if this is a problem that would be contained to the main (A) board,or could the problem be somewhere else? I was wondering if I swoped the main A board with another if it would do it again. I phoned around to have a prof look at it, but they want to charge me 100 Euro an hour labour, and said it could take up to 10 hours to find the fault, so that not an option for me.
thanks.

Last edited:
You should check the drivers, Q451 and Q452, and also all the output transistors.
Q362 is the temperature compensating transistor wich deals with the bias of the amplifier.
The only possibility for it to get too much power to handle is via the drivertransistors.

You will need the schematics to guide you further.

HIFI Engine has the manual, and the model is TA-N80ES

Go there and subscribe..then download, it is 5.49M pdf having 27 pages, including schematic, it is a Service Manual.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• TA-N80ES.jpg
    TA-N80ES.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Problem site.jpg
    Problem site.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.