Marantz 1060 amp dead channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a dead channel in my Marantz 1060 amp. One channel sounds great, no fuzz or crackling. I bought this new in high school in 1974, so it has sentimental attachments. Anyway, one thing led to another and now I have three more amps and lots of parts. I have replaced the 4 power transistors, P700 power board, P400 preamp board and toally de-oxit the entire amp and pots. I also replaced the big 3000mf cap for the dead channel. Nothing. In the meantime, I picked up another amp with the same problem. All that I have is a VOM and my high school electronics class was almost 40 years ago, so I'm really flying by the seat of my pants. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Marantz 1060

I've got the schematic. It doesn't give the colors of the wires though. I also have the trouble shooting manual. I only have a VOM though. I have thus far basically tried the shotgun approach replacing many things to no avail. Now I'm starting to think that it is a simple dead short somewhere on the amp, maybe on the controls or output connections.

Go to audiokarma.com, lots of help there. they have special section for Marantz only. Find the schematics/service manual, start doing some testing.

Sounds more like he's attempting to 'shotgun' it with unknown functioning parts. I haven't worked on one in ages but I don't remember it being difficult but that assumes you have test signals, a meter and scope and known good parts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.