Small Amp, Renioo Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I searched for a while, followed your advices and stayed with one of Lazycat amplifier, as I think it's AB class. I would like to order parts today or tommorow, so can you tell me if it's good choice? How big pot should I put before the input? And can you answer my ;ast question about headphone output :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
.... so can you tell me if it's good choice?

How big pot should I put before the input?

And can you answer my ;ast question about headphone output :)

regarding Lazy Cat's amps...he has good support ..... ;)
but be aware there may be many schematics floating around in his threads

for modern low impedance source output, a usual att pot on input for solid state amp would be 10-20K
but depends
I don't know his amps's in detail

why not ask him ?

regarding your about headphone output, we have a dedicated forum section for that

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I think 10K to ground on input sets the input impedance
if so, then it may not be suited for a passive pot on input, due to impedances
a very simple buffer between pot and amp input solves that

maybe you can mount bigger input resistor, but I don't know
and like I said, he may have 3 or 4 different threads, all with multiple different amp schematics

please talk to the man himself :)

just go there and talk to them...don't worry, they wont bite you

btw, his latest and most simple amp may be just the thing for you...VSSA....or somthing like that
and there is even a cheaper BJT version of it too, somewhere...(not built yet, but I might be tempted :D)

I talked with Lazy Cat, I will put 20k attenuator pot and replace the resistor to 20k. I'm ordering parts for VSSA.

ALF08NP16V5 - these are kind of odd transistors and I can't find them in Poland, except Farnell ( which is ordering them from UK...) and they are quite expensive, but I will live with it :p

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
great
I would suggest to use good heatsink
maybe the type with thin and profiled pressed in fins is good
I have never used them myself, but from spec sheet they appear to be very effective
but you may know a thing or two about computer stuff where they use 'fast' cooling....

I mistook farnell for some other site, which sold them for nearly 25$/1pc.. Farnell has "fair" price so there's no problem, i'm looking for other ones :)

Should I care if I order for example BC550CG or BC550C? Any difference?
The CG is probably the modern "green" (RHOS compliant) version. The other one probably is just an older part in stock and if available would be more expensive.
Go for the CG, no problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.