Protecting a speaker from DC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If they use back to back electrolytic capacitor they should at least polarised them ......... diode + resistor.

Attachments

• bbcap.GIF
    bbcap.GIF
    3.5 KB · Views: 323
This one two hundred guys have built..no complains about

This happened two years ago...no complains..tested!

Despite my people love it, i have used once, just to test it....i do use fuses in series with the speaker....if speaker not underated, then the fuse melts first and in advance related the speaker coil.

Amplificadores DX Blame - Carlos Mergulhão

If it is good or not good i do not discuss...the real thing is two hundred was built..and two years had passed...no one have complained or informed faced troubles.... has delayed insertion, off set triggers the relay and speaker goes off, rail DC appearing will trigger relay too (of course) and has thermal sensor...if amplifier overheat..then the speaker goes off.

Negative point..uses auxiliary supply or auxiliary transformer winding to power this thing on.

I repeat...i use fuses.... i do not like complication...if fuses melts first..why to bother about?

Life is already complicated...women is much more complicated..i want my audio passion, the audio electronics, simple.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• spkprot-schematic.pdf
    24 KB · Views: 190
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.