High bandwith and dampening rate?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My doxa 73 is over 1 MHz in bandwith, it sounds almost indefinitely in the highs. But dampening rate is too low to control even a 8" 87dB woofer.
My Parasound HCA 2200 mk II is the exact opposite.

How do I combine the two, without having to pay a zillion dollars?

sounds like your doxa uses little or no global feedback. and as a result has a high output impedance. it takes a bit of global feedback to control cone motion.

Is there a way to add the feedback, if that is the key needed?
Cause the Doxa has all the freaking finer things in life, 3D, space, high resolution - but bass control.

If not, is there a particular amp around 1Mhz bandwith, that can be interesting to have a look at?

Usefull - thanks a million

Oh sorry sam.

Didn't concider total lack of humour here.

To alter an amps output impedanse requires to alter other parameters aswell.
I wouldn't go in to how much to be changed in Your DOXA, without effectively making a total different amp, or as You state in your first post: Using a zillion dollars.
Where an constructor goes to achieve particular properties in an amp determines a lot of the total construction of the amp. You never will be able to get around that fact.

But sorry again for trying to be funny.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.