the G amp .... - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2013, 07:48 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Hi Sakis,
Look at the second 4,700uf output cap. The bottom (-) connection has no dot. (signifying no connection to the output). When there is no conflict, like a T junction, no need for a dot. For a X junction, it can be either a junction or a crossing.

So, to be obvious, it looks like only one 4,700uf output cap and another 4,700uf in series with 560R to ground. Of course, I hope I know better but maybe.... I don't?
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:26 AM   #12
alex mm is offline alex mm  Romania
diyAudio Member

...... I think schematic it's like in attachment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G%20AMP.jpg (569.7 KB, 489 views)
Old 3rd February 2013, 07:37 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

ok ...got it

intention remains to construct and listen
will keep you posted

In between any suggestions are welcome

Kind regards
Sakis
Old 18th May 2013, 12:44 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakis View Post

My article ""the G amp"" while G means Geriatric was based on that concept and was found not to have that much interest anyway the G amp ....
I missed this thread for unknown reason. Do you have pcb design tested and debuged?
Old 3rd August 2013, 08:40 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

PCB is not made yet ...It will be done with in August which is a vocation month for non audio people ...

In between one placed a question regarding power supply and if hypothetically there was another regulated power supply of a few volts more say 5-10 to supply with different voltage first stage and output

Comments on that please ... my estimation is that will create a better clipping condition if and ever needed but the real question is if its expected to improve overall performance and increase dynamics .

Kind regards
Sakis
Old 4th August 2013, 07:14 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Still listening. 4700 uf output caps are SO cool as speaker and output transistor protection compared to the 30 part (and growing) relay protection circuit I'm building for my PV-1.3k. I've bought 100 VCT 1.5 amp transformers (to use one side), MJ15015 , TIP41-42C, and MPS8099 instead of your European transistor selection. I did buy a couple of actual LM317HVT's for the regulator, assuming it has something to do with decreasing bias current when hot.
As far as clipping, I've never heard any, but I'm running the NTE181 output transistors on my ST120 at 80 V rail, so with a 1.5 Vpp (8 ohm) start to Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture the cannon shots don't cause clipping. We'll see what 63 v rail does in your original design.
Old 15th September 2013, 10:49 AM   #17
maouna is offline maouna  Greece
diyAudio Member

any progress sakis? i am interested in building an amp of such a topology ...
Old 15th September 2013, 06:47 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Almost identical to the Marantz 2215B power amp section that many people liked the sound of. With the quality PS and modern transistors this should make for a nice little amp.
Old 22nd September 2013, 05:07 PM   #19
maouna is offline maouna  Greece
diyAudio Member

just ignore this post.wrong thread.

Last edited by maouna; 22nd September 2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Hide this!Advertise here!