M&K 250w Sub amp awaken issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im having an issue with the M&K 250w Plate amp and was wondering if you could help me out? It wont produce sound from sleep until you disconnect and reconnect the power. What component in the circuit should i be looking at?

Attachments

• MegaBassb.jpg
    MegaBassb.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 240
I have one of these M&K amps, as well as a Parts Express 300-794 amp, and they appear to be the same. Here is a schematic for a 250W PE amp, although I'm not sure this is the same as above.....

Edit: To add to the confusion, the PE amp box says P/N 300-796.....here are a few pics of the PE amp.

Attachments

• parts express subwoofer amp schematic.jpg
    parts express subwoofer amp schematic.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 214
  • PE 300-796 sub amp front.jpg
    PE 300-796 sub amp front.jpg
    661.3 KB · Views: 205
  • PE 300-796 sub amp rear.jpg
    PE 300-796 sub amp rear.jpg
    698.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Its basically the same thing minus the 220v switch. I have exhausted my search for a schematic. I guess ex- M&K is wanting me to throw it in the garbage. Even his repair services had nothing. I sent an Email.
WOW, I am tired of throwing things out. I can buy a 30 year old Hafler and get all the info I need, Plus rebuild it with new boards if I want. Something to think about. CHINA!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.