Modified version of Leach amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Many people seem to notice a significant improvement with the 4.5 Leach boards over 2.x versions. I understand that there's not very big differences between the schematics of the versions. Does this mean that the board layouts themselves give very different results? If so is the case, does gretzteam's boards perform equally well as the 4.5 boards? I ask this because I like the idea of having TO-3 devices mounted on the pcb, and therefore I'm interested in this new layout (like very many others on the forum seem to be).

-truls

I don't see any reason why putting the drivers on the main
heatsink would be a problem, but it's certainly not necessary.
Thermal tracking probably won't be affected. I'd rather not
have to deal with the hassle of mounting them with insulators,
when an isolated free-standing small heatsink for each device
works perfectly well.

If this were a CF output stage, might be another story.

The overall topology hasn't changed in a long time, but there
have been changes in the feedback circuit. I was using a
version 2.something board which did use zener diodes, and a ground plane which the current board doesn't use. I suspect
the earlier board is marginally unstable into a real-world
speaker load even though I incorporated as many of the
circuit changes as was practical.

Maybe it IS layout...at any rate the current version sounds
better, and I'm not displeased. :)

Hello all I was wondering if anyone still has the layouts, pictures gerbers & ocad files for this Modified Leach Amp I have been trying to get hold of Gretzteam now for over a month but can't seem get hold of him!! If anyone has the layouts of his work please PM me
Thankyou
Cheers
Angel-Baby

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.