I am in the $#!+

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
*If* your oven is smelly afterwards (happened to me too), leave it off and empty, with the door open and a fan blowing into it for a couple hours so most of the volatile stuff clung to inner surfaces has a chance to evaporate, then close door, and turn it on again for 1 hour to burn whatever remains.
Repeat cooling and blowing 1 last time and you should be as good as new.
The main reason behind this, besides cooling "honey"'s temper off, is avoiding future funny taste and smell on anything you cook there.
Leave doors and windows open or the acrid smell will cling to clothes and furniture.
Good luck. :)

EDIT: post some chassis pictures, we deserve them ;)

*If* your oven is smelly afterwards (happened to me too), leave it off and empty, with the door open and a fan blowing into it for a couple hours so most of the volatile stuff clung to inner surfaces has a chance to evaporate, then close door, and turn it on again for 1 hour to burn whatever remains.
Repeat cooling and blowing 1 last time and you should be as good as new.
The main reason behind this, besides cooling "honey"'s temper off, is avoiding future funny taste and smell on anything you cook there.
Leave doors and windows open or the acrid smell will cling to clothes and furniture.
Good luck. :)

EDIT: post some chassis pictures, we deserve them ;)

Or even better bake two raw potatoes cut into 4.
They absorb bad smells. It's a faster procedure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.