Clarion DPX11500 Repair Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

First post, and I'll do my best not to sound like a newb.

I've been reading quite a bit between this site and others online. Great resource for finding information about parts.

I have a Clarion DPX11500 amplifier that I bought for $50. I knew I was buying a dead amp. From my observation it was over driven with a poor ground which caused it to get hot enough to melt insulation. Various heat damage to components in various locations on the board. The ribbon cable going to the RCA board was actually charred as in fire damage.

Power supply was damaged, replaced all eight HUF75344G3 fets, as well as the 5.11ohm gate resistors.

This stabilized the amp enough to connect a fused power supply.

I have the service manual here, and have replaced a few parts that were visibly damaged. There are a dozen or so resistors on the board that are browned, but still measure fine. Others, not so much which I replaced. Same with diodes. There were a couple that were badly discoloured which I replaced. I replaced the ribbon cable.

I do have a knowledgable friend that has been helping me with random questions, but I was hoping there may be some specific questions that you guys could answer.

Has anybody here successfully repaired one of these?

What voltages did you read on your ic KA3525A?

I suppose this is more complicated than other repairs I have done due to a PIC18F1220-I/P processor which I haven't been able to find concrete information on as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.