Twin Output Stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Osvaldo you need to do some reading about topologies and their behavior ThE cfp or sziklai topology doesnt follow the rules that apply in a classic amplifier .

The topology you have rounded is called quasi complementary and originates from the times that was impossible to produce same NPN and PNP transistors to produce a push pull amplifier .

In a quasi complementary the NPN transistor imitates the behavior of a PNP since its wired ...upside down Other than that the topology and the behavior of the output schema has a very different principal of operation and handling than what Stee has posted in the first place .

Kind regards
sakis

Osvaldo you need to do some reading about topologies and their behavior ThE cfp or sziklai topology doesnt follow the rules that apply in a classic amplifier.

Nah, I strongly hate BJT´s Tubes or FET's, BJT's are what they are: a fortunate laboratory accident.

In all cases, independently the name of the stage, it also continues to having the behavior than a bigger transistor, of the polarity of the first. The quasi complementary is the full output stage, but the lower (in the schematics I posted) equivalent PNP implemented with both a small PNP with a bigger NPN continues to be a classic connection between transistors, once again, I don't care who discover it.

you may hate BJT as much as you like , by the way this on its own makes your opinion not valid .

A valid opinion is the one's that constructed and listen a few topologies of BJT decide what they like and what not and move ahead .

You are too far away to sent one of my P3A amplifiers over for you to listen ...I presume that after that you will have a far more complete opinion .

Kind regards
sakis

no consumer product is ever constructed like that only one Italian amplifier the alchemist forsetti

yes of course if you think that EFP stages , CFP stages , and quasi complementary are of the same classic topology we have absolutely nothing more to talk about You need to do your homework to understand what has every topology to offer and get back to the conversation with something to talk about ore something more useful.

A DOUBLE PAIR OF CFP

I found the pattern of Forsetti
it seems to me excellent

but now I'm thinking that only the step-up transformer can give me the sound I'm looking for

In fact, I'm testing an amplifier completely complementary set to unity gain
on input I connected a small power transformer - works fine :):):):)

Attachments

• APD15-Forseti-schematic-1500x935.gif
    APD15-Forseti-schematic-1500x935.gif
    60.3 KB · Views: 90
  • TOROIDAL VAS MKII.PNG
    TOROIDAL VAS MKII.PNG
    45.1 KB · Views: 91
analysis scheme

old is still an attractive option because the gain is set at 35 times

the parallel of cells CFP is stabilized with two capacitors and resistor 033 ohm

I do NOT like absolutely Bootstrap Capacitor

? TIP32C should certainly be replaced with type 4A Ic Motorola MJE253

(or 2SJ313 MOSFET)

by recent experiments show that the amps work well when they have no G

I'm thinking of the VAS with transformer in these days Test yourself also: D

Attachments

• twin CFP pair.PNG
    twin CFP pair.PNG
    36.6 KB · Views: 83
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.