cambridge audio c500 and p500 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi friends
I got a cambridge audio c500 pre amplifier and two cambridge p500 power amplifier from a garage sale. I dont know how how to connect this amps and also i am afraid to connect by my own with out any idea . I will be happy if anybody can provide me the user manual or diagram or photo to interface the system. I could able to find the user manual of this classic audio system thank you.

I have attached the front and back photos of the amplifiers. Thank you

Wondipuli

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 1,117
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    672.2 KB · Views: 851
Hi Puffin

Hi Puffin
I did the same but there is no sound in speakers. Is it possible to hear the click sound of relay switch inside when switching on? i can see the green LED glowing
i followed the procedure from the image attached.

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 939
User manual of Cambridge audio C500 and P500

Today i got reply from the cambridge audio with its user manual. I have attached the user manual in PDF format. Its impossible to get this manual in internet. I hope this manual will help other people in future.

I love my Cambridge C500 amp, now it sound so sweet.

Attachments

• ap105135caamplifiersusermanual-1357903624.pdf
    789.1 KB · Views: 923
Cambridge audio pre amplifier C500 andp500 user manual and schematic diagrams

Here is the user manual and service schematic diagram of Cambridge audio pre amplifier c500 and power amplifier p500. I have included schematic of A500 which is copy of p500 :cheers: cheers guys

Attachments

• ap105135caamplifiersusermanual-1357903624.pdf
    789.1 KB · Views: 646
  • P500.pdf
    99.3 KB · Views: 687
Hi Puffin
I did the same but there is no sound in speakers. Is it possible to hear the click sound of relay switch inside when switching on? i can see the green LED glowing
i followed the procedure from the image attached.

There are no relays in the P500.

The green LED means that there is mains voltage present. This does not mean that the amps will be working correctly. Do you know that these amps are capable of producing sound?

Have you checked that the tape monitor button is not connected? If so this would not allow the CD input to function.

Last edited:
I have a C500 + P500 set, and the C500's motor pot has stopped rotating when driven by the remote. I hear whirring noises coming from the pot, so I presume the remote is okay, but the motor is unable to drive the pot.

I opened it to take a look at the pot, to see if I could find a replacement. I found a motor pot with the word "SOUNDWELL" on it. Does this mean it's made by the Guangdong Soundwell Company (Guangdong soundwell Electronics Co., Ltd? I went to the Soundwell website, and this product visually resembles what I found in the preamp.

I don't know whether anyone can suggest a drop-in replacement for the motor pot?

Last edited:
I am facing a strange issue with CA C500 pre which are connected to quad 306 power. It's having very harsh high frequency. This issue had started from last couple of weeks and it happen more with Vinyl and evident on all sources. I stick to the direct button. Any pointers to fix this issue?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Your post still usefel

Today i got reply from the cambridge audio with its user manual. I have attached the user manual in PDF format. Its impossible to get this manual in internet. I hope this manual will help other people in future.

I love my Cambridge C500 amp, now it sound so sweet.

Just thank you for your post from Spain, in 2017 this manual still can't be found easily!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.