Rega Brio resistor question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
one channel of my Rega Brio stopped working so i opened the case and found some obviously burned out resistors, 2 labelled R19 and 2 labelled R54. i am a total newbie (but can solder) so i'm wondering how i know how many ohms each of those are so i can replace them?

thanks

is it the case that all R19 and all R54 resistors on the same board will be the same? i attached a picture, i tried to figure out what they were but can't for the life of me!

Attachments

• IMG_1067.JPG
    IMG_1067.JPG
    674.1 KB · Views: 139
Hola Neilll...

Usually resistors die a painfull death because something else died before,
usually a transistor ... that being said a schematic is in order and maybe a wide shot of the offending(offended) resistors and associated stuff....

Regards, Elwood

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Do you have a Multimeter (DMM) to measure and prove your suspicions about the resistors? There's not a lot to be gained by guesswork and appearances even with the best schematics and advice in the business.

The resistor values are shown by colour coded bands and there are plenty of charts with explanations to read the values on the web. Here's one to get started with: Electronic color code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The resistors in your pic. are 5-band coded and don't read quite the same as more common 4 band types.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.