FREDS HOT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here is the schematic that peter daniel gave me to use...

Attachments

• br.jpg
    br.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 419
B1060’s? Is that MBR1060 diodes? 10Amp, 60Volts? What’s your transformer secondary? Could it be that you are running them at too high voltage? There really shouldn’t be any need for such a big sink. I recommend you try some mbr20200 if your mind is set on schottky rectifiers. Or since you already have 8 of them try using 4 for each secondary, reducing the voltage and current the diodes have to deal with.
Out of curiosity, the hum you had, was that from the speakers or from the transformer? When I replaced the standard bridge rectifiers in my amp with mur3060 and rc snubbers I experienced a huge improvement in transformer noise. With just the standard bridge I could hear the transformer humming from a few feet away, but with the mur3060’s I hardly hear any transformer hum, even with my ear right up against the transformer.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Kermit said:
:bigeyes: Well, there’s your problem.. that’s waayy to much for those diodes. As a rule of thumb use a diode that has a PIV of at least twice the worst case peak AC voltage.

Peak voltage where and how ?

Could You elaborate a little on this as I'm tryinmg to do some dimensioning of discrete rectifier diodes ?

Best Regards /

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.