Diy Channelstrip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello fellow DIYlers,

this is my first post and because it its and i am asking the "how to" question, i hope im not asking too much and disregard any of the forum rules.

For life performances in quadraphony i am missing a certain thing which, if i would know how to build, would be very handy. It would be line channel strip. which recieves audio line signals in stereo from a sound card (rme ff800) and does the following

• amplify the sound if required
  • have a fixed frequency 3 band equalizer +- 15 db
  • a line fader to control volume
  • a switch on/off to route signal to a headphone out

and simply return the signal to be fed into speaker amps. This seems fairly doable as there already some modules in the market (like the 3 band eq). On top these basic functions i would like to add another feature: A 2 way crossover circuit that has 2 potis. 1) the frequency on where to split the signal into two. 2) a poti that acts like a sort of crossfader. position 0 routes everything to the first channel/main out - no splitting. in middle position there is 50% and in full 100%, main channel will carry only the lower frequencies and the aux hi channel everything above. to be honest - i can not even explain by technical terms what happens between 0% and 100%. its sort of crossfader frequency splitting.

this is exactly the part where i can not even explain the behaviour that well and ask you guys if its possible and how.

In any case - it would be really great that i would get the basic features a simple line channel strip done. for that i would be really happy to collaborate - im good in diy other things have all soldering gear and some experience. i can offer other things in return - i am a graphic designer and web developer.

greetings from spain

frank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.