Denon goes to protection mode (flash red) when power on

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am having problem with my Denon AVR589. Every time when I power it on it goes to protection mode directly. :mad: I removed all inputs and outputs and check for shorts and busted components. Every thing looks fine (visually at least). Can anyone please take a look at the schematic and suggest a way to pinpoint the problematic area (used to deals with ICs now back to transistors). Really appreciated.

Attachments

• schematic.zip
    290 KB · Views: 72
No you have a high Dc voltage on the output.. The protection is activating to protec your speakers.. Unless you have any electronics knowlage Now would be the time to find someone to repair this amplifier.. I have repaired a few denons With Dry joints in the power amp section. Some have been caught in time with nothing more than a resolder job .. Mostly i have had to replace output and driver transistors That had been damaged by the effects of the dry joints,, PS the protection circuit shuts down all channels not just the one with a fault on it .. Also as mentioned by sajti the fault does seem common to all channels .. You may be in luck as it could just be a fuse in one of the psu rails

Last edited:
Anyone knows what the voltage supposed to be on 7915_IN and 7815_IN pins of CN506 (please see attached power board schematic)? Right now I have some diodes and cap busted so I am measuring 0 there.

Attachments

• power_board.jpg
    power_board.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 112
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.