TUBE/MOSFET/BJT hibrid amp need help with mosfet/bjt section - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2013, 12:25 PM   #11
ilimzn is offline ilimzn  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINER View Post
And one corection,because of the desire, and speed to show the ideas wrong version of schematic is posted, the hibrid project 3 is reuploaded.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/328/hibridpr31.jpg
And it still has the same error which will make at least the IRF9610 blow up on start-up and possibly the voltage regulators too.
I was not talking about the elektor schematic. That one will work OK although it would benefot from higher power supply voltage for the tube stage.
Starting from your post with the 8 schematics, every one has fatal errors as i said, because they are derived from your schematic number 2 in that post, which is a 'simulator design' by someone else, and it has the same design flaw, one which the simulator will not expose unless default conditions of simulation are changed and you know where to look.
Hint 1: positive rail regulation/filtering is in the wrong place.
Hint 2: search, this type of schematic has been analysed here before, several times.
Also if you accuse people of lying because you cannot understand how a circuit works and at the same time ask for help in getting the circuit to work, you will not get any help here.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:40 PM   #12
MINER is offline MINER  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to MINER Send a message via Skype™ to MINER
I uploaded just project 3 because of the output stage. I did search specificaly for the hibrid schematics, here, and all over the net(for days, and days). The version with irf540/irf9540 pair is already proven, and built model, and the version with irf610/irf9610 pari is also built as far, as i could find. Both versions are A class amps, the first for 30-50w, the other is for headphones. The version for headphones, by my view can be used to drive output stage like in clasical SS amps diferential pair-VAS with CCS-output stage. But i have combined my favourite output configurations with this version, but i dont know, or better say dont have the experience to make the adjustments to make it whole(the values of resistors in the IRF-s drain to make it work in pure A class + to give enough current(not too much, not too little) for the output stage).
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:42 PM   #13
MINER is offline MINER  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to MINER Send a message via Skype™ to MINER
If i`m wrong, i`m sorry for the acusation of lying, but i searched(and diged HARD to find any info on hibrid amps,HERE and all over the net), so with that in mind, i whould like to show me where did you saw that info/discusion ^___^
Just not to be lazy, i plowed through the DIY again, and still at it, to find, data that tell a different story...... I whould apreciate help, with pointing me to the right direction :-)
Old 28th February 2014, 02:59 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

MINER, that what you want has been done long time ago...

IOTA-CD, OME - Pojacavaci snage - Power amps - DiyAudioProject
Old 28th February 2014, 03:55 PM   #15
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

Bora - I can't see the schematics in this link you posted, maybe needs a registration or something but it would be great if they could be posted into this thread for English users ?
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 1st March 2014, 10:36 AM   #16
alex mm is offline alex mm  Romania
diyAudio Member

.....schematic for amplifier and power supply
Regards,Alex
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iota-cd.jpg (53.4 KB, 159 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IOTA-CD PSU.pdf (58.3 KB, 53 views)
Old 1st March 2014, 11:41 AM   #17
godfrey is offline godfrey  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINER View Post
...i searched(and diged HARD to find any info on hibrid amps,HERE and all over the net)...
You spelled it wrong. Search for "hybrid", not "hibrid".

(If anyone still cares - I just noticed the threads a year old)
Old 1st March 2014, 03:37 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Well, thanks "alex mm" for help. There are some minor differences in final schematic compared wit that one Alex published. PSU schematic is OK.
Attached Images
File Type: png IOTA-CD sema.png (31.4 KB, 141 views)
Old 1st March 2014, 04:18 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Thanks Dr .
If it's posible please post your pcbs for this hybrid ampl.
Best regards.
Thimios.
Old 1st March 2014, 04:28 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Sorry "thimios" but that is something you would have to do yourself. Of course, I have PCB designs done already, but I also still have some commercial plans wit this design and I can't publish those files. Hope you will understand.

Hide this!Advertise here!