Full digital stereo amplifier QLS QA100, any comments?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A very interesting full digital stereo amplifier QA100 , this amplifier does not have any analog input, and is able to support I2S, Coaxial and Optical in 16-24bit, 32K-192KHz format with ASRC. Amplifying digital signal and outputting by a LPF circuit at the final stage.

Very interesting idea however a question for the LPF circuit HiFi enough or not.

Anybody here has the experiences with LPF circuit?

Last edited:
Got this amp last week, and have tried different equipment combination with this little baby. Generally speaking, this is a very good amp with great price. I will post my test latter.

Tried together with the equipment listed as below:

- Stahl tek A.B.C USB/SPDIF convertor
- Yulong D100 MKii
- MG-Si15 DT tube amp
- Open source USB DAC http://www.qnktc.com/ab_12.php
- Thinkpad X40 with Lubuntu latency kernel

Last edited:
The best set is "X40+Stahl tek A.B.C+QA100", the sound from this set was sweat, full of details, and smooth like silk that should be something from a tube amp. if you like female vocal, this is the one you may consider. Some USB DACs have great performance, no doubt Stahl tek A.B.C is one of them. However this Stahl tek A.B.C was paid $2000 from ebay, the money tells something. QA100 gave me a lot of surprises from different combinations, every time changing partner, every time it showed the endless potential to me. Sometimes money tells, sometimes not, only sound can tell. QA100 is only $300 some dollars, but the performance was better than my $1200 MG-Si15 DT.

The QA660+QA100 combination is very good for jazz and rock as the bass was better than X40+Stahl tek A.B.C+QA100, the bass performed by this combination is full of energy like all the bass instrumentation just surrounded me.

Last edited:
ppataki, Are you changing just to change? ( we all get tempted) To improve your sound, the weakest link is always the speakers, followed by the source material.

I would not be a fan of a company who clearly states on their WEB site their intent to commit import fraud ( declare as low value gift). Criminal business? What does that say about their product?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
QLS QA100

QLS introduce QA-100 digital integrated amplifier | Digital Audio Review by John Darko
This local review from 2011 (no, its not a recent product) was telling on the unit as being "interesting" only because of low price. As a 60W class D stereo amp, it had to have a gimmick like an inbuilt DAC to justify even it's low direct import cost. You could assume that if full import duties and dealer markups were applied, it would quickly sink into obscurity anyway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.