SONY TA-F361R

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys. nice to meet you all.

i was searching on the forum and i think this is the place to ask for a solution. if for any reason i`ve made the thread wrong, please remove.

so, i have this amplifier: TA-F361R made by Sony with the final transistors: 2sa1263n and 2sc3180n. for some reason, they burned (it has 2 x 2sc3180n and 2 x 2sa1263n). my question is this: can i find an equivalent for those?

also, if i replace the 2sa1263n with 2sa1265n and 2sc3180n with 2sc3182n i have to modify something or it will work as it is?

any reply would be much appreciated.

PS: i`m uploading the datasheets for these transistors + i also have the repair manual for the amplifier but it`s t large to upload :(.

br,
cosmin

Attachments

• 2sa1263n.pdf
    149.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 2sa1265n.pdf
    150 KB · Views: 31
  • 2sc3180n.pdf
    165.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 2sc3182n.pdf
    168.9 KB · Views: 65
thank you for reply. i`m not sure that they are genuine. i`m gonna search in my country (Romania) for those ones and if i won`t find them i`ll buy the ones you recommended. i`ve also searched on e-bay and i found them in UK. if nothing shows up, i`ll order those.

with NJW0281G/NJW0302G will work fine? i need to modify something? the amplifier will be more powerfull? i saw that is a big difference betwen the originals and these (40w vs 150w)

thanks again & sorry for the many questions. i`m noob :)

br,
cosmin

No the amp will not be more powerful. The power rating of the transistors is just the maximum power they can handle before being destroyed. Output power is determined by the supply voltages used.

You will need to re-adjust the bias setting, which should be described in the service manual.

Also be aware, that if the output transistors have burnt, then there is probably other damage too. Simply replacing them may not solve the problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.