Marantz PM4400 potentiometer change

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need to replace the volume pot for my marantz pm4400.
It's scratchy at low volume on one channel.
I have clean the pot with contact cleaner spray, rotated the knob.
Problem persist after awhile so want to change it for good.
The printing on the motorized pot is 35Z 100KB X 2.

What is the brand/model of this potentiometer.
Can another better marantz amplifier pot be use here.
Is there a better pot that i can use on the 4400.

Thank you in advance for reading n possible solutions.

Regards,

CS

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Marantz PM4400 | Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | HiFi Engine
Here is link to the manual where the details are that the motorised volume control, VR53 is tapped type, with a loundness control feature. P/No RM000450R. It will be difficult to source this, as Marantz has passed through many ownerships and factories over many years. They are now a Kenwood brand, for instance.

There are copies of ALPS motorised pots on Fleabay that might suit for operation without the loudness feature but it is unlikely they will match correctly to the PCB holes. This is a difficult situation but it should be possible, with flushing using any solvent like Isopropyl alcohol or rubbing Alcohol even (don't use flammable liquids with or near power circuits) and prolonged wiping action to clean the pot. more thoroughly. Otherwise you can only hope for a similar part at a service agents suggestion. The physical fit will likely be very difficult to match too. :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.