diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Solid State (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/)
-   -   Diamond buffer (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/22598-diamond-buffer.html)

peranders 11th November 2003 12:42 PM

Diamond buffer

2 Attachment(s)
I have made a small SMD diamond buffer.

Rise tíme less than 10 ns. I can't see any difference between input signal and output signal. This buffer fast......

400 mA peak (at least) at +- 15 volts. The groundpplane can cool rather much!

Noise floor below -110 dB (less than the soundcard)

Offset 7.8 mV

Dist less than 0.009% Can't see any difference between the soundcard alone and the buffer. Walter Jung mentioned in his article dist down to 0.002% which seems to be true.

Those of you who want to see the RightMark results, send me a message.

PMA 11th November 2003 12:45 PM

Per, how about schematics? ;) Your technology is perfect, as usually ;) .

PMA 11th November 2003 12:47 PM

BTW - it is not that difficult to obtain THD about 0.0005% from the buffer ..... ;)

peranders 11th November 2003 12:52 PM

I have used cascodes for the emitter loads. I wonder though how much they do in speed and dist?

Any simulation wizards around?

I must also give Mr. Walter Jung a goldstar for his article in the subject, excellent! :birthday:

sonnya 11th November 2003 12:54 PM

:up: Good looking.

I would like to see the results!

By the way. One of my friends who have a pretty good system. Based on the Gamut D200, DENON DVD2900, High fidelity jubilee speaker with rubberband mounted tweeter. He says that the AD8610 based preamp plays far better than his Classé preamp!

:O)

Thumbs up for the new opamps. Connected with a BUF634 or your diamond buffer. The level of sound quality cannot be higher!

peranders 11th November 2003 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sonnya
I would like to see the results!
Those of you who want to see the test results, send me a private email. The file is around 1 MB, comressed.

UrSv 11th November 2003 01:01 PM

Excellent looking PCB as usual. Very nice.

I'd like to see mounting holes in all 4 corners though. Makes me sleep better knowing that it is securely mounted. I am fairly sure Peter Daniel prefers the vibration characteristics better that way also...

peranders 11th November 2003 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by UrSv
Excellent looking PCB as usual. Very nice.

I'd like to see mounting holes in all 4 corners though. Makes me sleep better knowing that it is securely mounted. I am fairly sure Peter Daniel prefers the vibration characteristics better that way also...

I have three holes.....

This small pcb is pretty stiff....

jan.didden 11th November 2003 01:07 PM

Per,

Nice PCB! Are you going to post the schematic?

Jan Didden

UrSv 11th November 2003 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by peranders

I have three holes.....

This small pcb is pretty stiff....

Aha. I guess there is one behind the lower right cap then.

Janneman, the schematic is on his web page.