Diamond buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jan, just compare my buffer with the one Walter Jung has drawn and to a regular one, BUF634 for instance. The difference is cascodes, transistors which only act as diodes and R14 and R15. Why have I done this? Only to limit the amount of different parts. How would you done a diamond buffer?

The pullup, pulldown resistors is just in case only. You can use this buffer with single supply.

All measurements is without feedback, just the buffer alone. I have though a reservation about the measurements but Walt Jung claimed rather good performance and when was he totally wrong?

SMD is "ont i stjärten"(*) when it comes to repair but don't break it.... just design in protection which works if it is needed. In my case I have no protection because it should work in known conditions. Walter Jung had suggestions how it could be done.

The loads I have used are 100k, 220 ohms and 55 ohms.

(*) Fred will translate for you...

PMA said:
Per,

I did not know you were interested in Gainclone clones development and sale .... ;) ;) ;)
I felt like it but it's not the Fred style exactly. It's super universal, inverting och non-inverting buffer, inverting or non-inverting LM3886, DC-servo or not for both inverting and non-inverting LM3386, bridge connection in inverting or non-inverting mode with non-inverting or inverting input buffer with or without input coupling caps along with an optional output filter plus an input filter....have I forgot something?... it's not SMD : :no: :up

Hi Per.

Yes you are right about the wide bandwidth ...

I got 260MHz with a source impedance of 1 Ohm.
I got 123MHz with a source impedance of 100 Ohm.
And i got 35MHz with a source impedance of 1 KOhm.

But i would say that in a real world application The buffer will run around 1KOhm - 20Ohm at > 20MHz.

A fast opamp like the AD8610 will have a Zout peaking at 60MHz of 50Ohm.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.