Luxman - Early saturation on negative cycle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I would like to have some clues on this problem. I have a Luxman R-113 integrated amp that shows a kind of early saturation on the negative portion of the sine.

Although both channel shares the same power rails, this problem is only present on one channel.

I guess the problem resides either at the driver or at the output transistor. Interchanging the components from one channel to the other may guide me to the faulty component, but from your knowledge, where should I start?

I also have the schematic.

Thanks for your help,
Martin.

Attachments

• IMG_5479.JPG
    IMG_5479.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 152
  • R-113.jpg
    R-113.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 151
well Luxman pcb of that era suffer from poor soldering , dry soldering , and some thermal issues that might result to balance issues

Let also not forget that the unit is quite old so count capacitor issues and even resistors drifted from overheating or moisture .

Fusible resistors might also drift especially in the areas of TR518,528,536 and so on ...measure voltage drop across them to see but also measure voltage drop between identical points between L-R ch to target the failure

kind regards
Sakis

Sakis, you were right. The R586 fuse resistor seems blown, the voltage drop across it is 17v. It's resistance if of 10k instead of 2,2r. The other channel is ok...

Do you think it's a simple failure of the resistor or the tr536 could have failed? The latter would be surprising as there is a signal at the output.

I guess that changing the r586 would be the first step and see what happen...
Thanks!
Martin

EDIT: i've "piggybacked" a 2.2r resistor over R586 and the output is all good. No other component seems wrong...

Last edited:
Some guys thinks they are good...you see the one is good

Some think.... imagine...some are really good.

This Greek sniffes troubles.... detects things with precision.... knows everything about audio...knows all brands and almost all defects.

What is the brand you like the most dear Sakis?....and why you appreciate that brand/model the most?

Great Sakis!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.