50K volume pot in place of a 20k volume pot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nothing will happens.

Put your new pot. and be happy.

Your audio source will be happy with higher impedance load, will work confortable because of that.

You will not attenuate anything, the noise increasing only to the osciloscope and the scope will not listen your music...the one will listen your music is you...so.... do not worry, be happy and go ahead.

Increase the value is never a problem, in special one step up... decreasing can be a problem attenuating the signal because the smaller load...but even this way use to operate fine too...it is not that critical.

I am one of these guys that worked with junk from 52 years long..and when i had not the correct value i have used others...so..i know what makes a difference and what does not make any difference..and this is one of the cases of does not make difference.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
If the OP wants to fit an Ebay ALPS type, 20k is missing in the small RK27 range still available.
However, like above posts, it won't really make any odds and you can use any standard pot
with ~the correct value, right physical dimensions and terminations at low cost anyway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.