carver tfm-25 vs adcom gfa 555

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was told if I loved the warmth of adcom then I would love carvers tfm-25 I can say there is no truth to that the adcom blows away the carver in almost every way except maybe the carver is brighter in midrange that said there is no presence in the carver nothing that makes you want to listen to the carver. I got rid of my adcom for this amp makes me sick. Can anyone tell me what amp in the price range of these two amps that has the presence of adcom if any meaning the warmth. Thanks ahead of time for the response

Weird responses.
IMO/experiences the Adcom was a Dawg..
Cheap *** builds with the least amount of sophistication possible to produce a working unit at minimum cost.
Carvers' were always second tier as well. Sad but true and I knew the man.. just to add injury.

well I want brighter midrange but not the ear piercing from the carver adcom is good don't get me wrong, but audio bliss is what I want, I have the BA 1 boards I can make a ba 3 but it would take alot of help from those who know what they are doing to build it would the ba 3 get me the power and beautiful sound I am looking for?

The nelson pass designs on here

The Adcom GFA 555 can be picked up for about $275-375. It is a nice amp and at that price it is a great value.

They are getting older, so it is wise to check for DC offset and check the bias. The electrolytic caps should be replaced. The main PS caps can be bypassed (done in the later version) and it should sound great. IMO, its strength was a clean and tight bass (with the new caps)

Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.