Why do AC supplied systems perform better?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A car system vs a house system of just 100 watts RMS really can not be compared in majority of cases. The house system always decimates the car system in terms of overall quality and performance.

When driving the same speaker in the same enclosure:
Generally the bass is richer with more depth to the texture. The car supplying the same wattage and boost frequency is generally just punchier. Overall the enclosure in my house puts out 3 times the bass but it's of course less physical because of the greater airspace.

I know house and pro audio gear is generally using much greater voltage. 48v +/- and so on. Now if I clamp and volt meter 100 watts home amplifier vs a 100 watt car amplifier, will I see more voltage in the house system generating that 100 watts while the car system will have more current in the speaker leads?

This is my suspicion as to why the home and PA gear squashes the car stuff that is sometimes 5 times the wattage to match the wall plugged systems driven by rectified AC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.