Trying to salvage a B&K ST140

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a B&K ST140 with one channel's driver board burned up. I'd like to know if anyone has a schematic for this circuit board. I'm also wondering if I can drive all four output transistors from one driver circuit. Just make a mono subwoofer amp out of it. It uses a K135 and a J50 output transistor, push-pull, on each channel. Any help would be appreciated.

jwv3,

sorry I have no schematic for this amp, but I can tell you that the K135 and the J50 are Mosfets specially designed for audio amps.
The original Hitachi are however obsolete.
I just repaired a Sphinx project 14 which has a lot of them inside.
The Mosfets I got from Farnell.com who has them in their catalog, although they were manufactured by some unknown source, they turned out to be OK.

Altough Mosfets in general have a high DC input impedance, the AC or signal impedance can be quite low due to their input capacitance. The driver stage has to be designed for this job.

good luck,

Dick.

jwv3 said:
I have a B&K ST140 with one channel's driver board burned up. I'd like to know if anyone has a schematic for this circuit board. I'm also wondering if I can drive all four output transistors from one driver circuit. Just make a mono subwoofer amp out of it. It uses a K135 and a J50 output transistor, push-pull, on each channel. Any help would be appreciated.

You could use different MOSFET's but this would also mean realigning the bias circuit.
Applying the wrong bias can destroy the output transistors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.