help to select and correct 400w TDA2030A OR 200WTDA2030

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well... It's a nice little project, so why not?
Choosing the components is an other thing.
For example: Some has built this one with LM1875 and Toshibas 2SC5200/2SA1943.
Interesting...

Make that stereo and you would need 4 pairs of those...
What else could you make with 4 pairs of those Toshibas???
LME49810 + Toshibas??? Absolutely!!!

Only you can decide if you want to make this one - or something else.

I'm quite happy with mine though - and would certainly make an other one if i needed...

Joined 2010
Paid Member
You can build the design for fun but if you need to spend much money on the parts or they are difficult to buy, there are better designs to spend that money on.

Just consider the linear qualities of the components like TIP35/36. They are not suited to audio. Yes, they work and the amplifier will work , but a cheap class D or chip amplifier will also sound much better IMO.

The design is 20 years out of date. It is cheap because the parts and design are (were) meant to be cheap. The audio is limited by the cost, so better parts will give better sound but then a whole new design is necessary. If you want to do all that, fine. It is your decision.

Frankly, a pair of bridged chip-amps would be easier, cheaper and much better. Since this is really a Chip amplifier application, why not read the Chip amplifier forum here for ideas?

Last edited:
SEE MY PCB

NEED any correction ?

Attachments

• ARES Professional - C__Documents and Settings_NPSoft_My Documents_TDA2030A STREEO - MONO( 144W O.pdf
    83.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Proteus 7 Professional AMPLES TDA2030A 200W.DSN.pdf
    66.6 KB · Views: 64
  • schema.PNG
    schema.PNG
    21.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Materiales.txt
    377 bytes · Views: 59
  • podlaczenie.gif
    podlaczenie.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 110
helloe ....orginal ( polish web site) schematic is not working and very THD and my 50w transformer is quickly hot !!
i only cut pairs transistors and circit is now good worked.
but after removeing two 2R2 resistors between base of transistors and IC and removeing 220nF Cap between pin 3 and 5 IC my tda2030a is hot quickly but sound quality is good so.

Attachments

• final circit is hot.zip
    71.3 KB · Views: 51
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.