UpgradeWithout breaking the bank - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th November 2003, 06:25 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Post UpgradeWithout breaking the bank

I have B & K Pro 5 Preamp and ST 140 AMP, Adcom GCD 600 and Thorens 160 with a Linn Basik arm.. I am driving two Vandersteen 2ce Signatures. I want to know if anyone has any ideas on inexpensive significant upgrades in the electronics area. The system sounds OK but, I feel like I may be losing detail and ambience with the Pro 5 and some low bass energy with the 140. I was told that the 140 has 140 WPCH but, am finding out that it is actually rated closer to 105. Considering uppgrading to a B & K PT3 ll and a B&K Ref 220 or 200.2. Any other suggestions. The speaker wire is $10 per foot so I know it is not the piece that I am looking at first. Any suggestions????

Hide this!Advertise here!